Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Install Problem
09-19-2016, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 11:55 AM by Malcolm.)
Install Problem
I'm trying to run OE on Windows Server 2008, which I know isn't one of the os's that it's supposed to run on, but I thought I'd give it a try. It seems to install correctly, or at least there are no errors. But when I try to run it, it gives me an error saying in part "...The application was unable to open the Outlook express message store..." and suggests I contact Microsoft support (!)
I have also tried running it directly from the .exe with admin rights, but same effect.
The other thing I have noticed is that an .ini file gets created with zero length. Not sure if this is significant.
I also tried copying a set of .dbx files from another system running version 5 of oe into the Outlook Express folder, just to give it some files to work with, but it made no difference.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what may be the problem. It seems I'm so close but yet so far Smile

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Install Problem
Try re-Installing on "Safe mode with Networking" should run fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply