Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Importing messages
05-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Importing messages
I have to confess to using oeclassic after a recent upgrade from xp to win7. It's OK but a bit buggy and low on features so i thought i might try the runasXP version. However all my emails in their respective folders are now in a different format from the old MS OE. Each folder has two entries (.db and .mbx extensions) instead of .dbx. Does it present a problem importing them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: Importing messages
(05-02-2015 07:51 PM)autolycus Wrote:  I have to confess to using oeclassic after a recent upgrade from xp to win7. It's OK but a bit buggy and low on features so i thought i might try the runasXP version. However all my emails in their respective folders are now in a different format from the old MS OE. Each folder has two entries (.db and .mbx extensions) instead of .dbx. Does it present a problem importing them?

I dont think so. But you could try exporting your emails from oeclassic to .eml files

Then you can select all the .eml files (you exported from oeclassic) pressing ctrl+A and drop them to your outlook express folder.

*To be able to drop eml files to outlook express you must open tray icon settings menu and click the setting that creates a special shortcut on desktop that enables dropping eml files to outlook epxress (see pic).

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply