Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can receive email but not send
08-17-2014, 08:17 AM
I can receive email but not send
I have two email accounts I'm using as pop3 in this fantastic Outlook Express (GMX and Outlook) in Windows 7 - OE receives email through them but won't send.

I think I have the right settings, have checked and re-checked - for SMTP I've tried 25, 465 and 587.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: I can receive email but not send
The error message I'm getting:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'trainorxxxx@outlook.com'. Subject 'follow through', Account: 'OUTLOOK', Server: 'smtp.outlook.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
08-17-2014, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2014 02:27 PM by Braintree.)
For now I figured out how to use my ISP's smtp server, works like a charm, but not sure this would be okay with my server for long, but great in the mean time, until I can learn what the problem is with my outgoing OE mail.

I can hardly believe I have Outlook Express on Windows 7, and I owe it all to this site, and I thank you very much!
08-18-2014, 07:24 AM
From what I see it all comes down to Outlook Express does not have STARTTLS.