Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to enable NIS-2014 to work with Outlook Express on Windows 8.1
02-02-2015, 06:15 PM
How to enable NIS-2014 to work with Outlook Express on Windows 8.1
Two weeks ago I started to use Outlook Express on my PC with Windows 8.1.
Outlook Express is my default email program, but I cannot enable email message protection with Norton Internet Security 2014.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: How to enable NIS-2014 to work with Outlook Express on Windows 8.1
I dont think that you should even try that. In many cases Antivirus addons causes Outlook express problems and often not even run (crashing at startup) with addons like eset's. I suggest you to use Spamihilator Anti Spam for spam protection that is tasted and works.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
02-02-2015, 08:36 PM
(02-02-2015 07:17 PM)Rafail Wrote:  I dont think that you should even try that. In many cases Antivirus addons causes Outlook express problems and often not even run (crashing at startup) with addons like eset's. I suggest you to use Spamihilator Anti Spam for spam protection that is tasted and works.

I don't have any problems with Antivirus Auto Protect. In the past I was able to handle with that. But on Win XP Norton Internet Security 2014 were always checking all my incoming & sent emails. I can use that with Outlook, but I cannot use that with Outlook Express on Windows 8.1.
02-03-2015, 12:26 AM
In got that. The problem is bit complex, Outlook express first of all normally is not available on newer that xp windows and this version is modified to run on these enviroments and its not sure that antivirus addons will work.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
02-03-2015, 01:16 AM
(02-03-2015 12:26 AM)Rafail Wrote:  In got that. The problem is bit complex, Outlook express first of all normally is not available on newer that xp windows and this version is modified to run on these enviroments and its not sure that antivirus addons will work.

Thanks. Maybe someone will find solution for that in future.