Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to copy emails from OE sent items on one PC to OE sent items on PC with Win 8.1?
02-02-2015, 06:33 PM
How to copy emails from OE sent items on one PC to OE sent items on PC with Win 8.1?
In the past I used more PC computers with Windows XP & Outlook Express on all of them.
During more than ten years I was able to keep Outlook Express emails base safe and refreshed with emails from all my PC computers.
To be able to do that, I was need to copy some of my sent emails from sent items on one PC computer to sent items on another PC computers. There was no problems with that until I used Windows XP, but I can no do that anymore on Windows 8.1.
What I need to do to be able to copy some of my emails from Outlook Express sent items on one PC to Outlook Express sent items on PC computer with Windows 8.1 or Windows 7?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 07:14 PM by Rafail.)
RE: How to copy emails from OE sent items on one PC to OE sent items on PC with Win 8.1?
Here is a video how to backup and restore Outlook express emails

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
02-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks for your fast response.
I am sorry, but I didn’t ask that. I asked how to do the following:
Yesterday I answered on two of my office emails from my home computer. Today I already copied that two emails on my USB drive and then I wanted to copy them into sent items folder on my office PC with Windows 8.1.
On PC with Win XP there was no problems, but Windows 8.1 don’t allow me that. I know, this question is more related to Microsoft, but I cannot ask them that since they don’t allow use of Outlook Express on Windows 7/8.1.

Many thanks for help in advance
02-03-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: How to copy emails from OE sent items on one PC to OE sent items on PC with Win 8.1?
You are trying to move the using drag drop right? You can send them normally (forward to 8.1 pc's mail) since there are only 2-3 emails.

Rafail B.
Administrator
02-03-2015, 01:13 AM
(02-03-2015 12:29 AM)Rafail Wrote:  You are trying to move the using drag drop right? You can send them normally (forward to 8.1 pc's mail) since there are only 2-3 emails.

No, it is no true. If I send two of my sent emails as attachment to another PC, they will come in inbox as attachments. And there I cannot copy or move them to sent items on PC with Windows 8.1. With Windows XP there was no problem!
02-03-2015, 03:24 AM
(02-03-2015 01:13 AM)Zico44 Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 12:29 AM)Rafail Wrote:  You are trying to move the using drag drop right? You can send them normally (forward to 8.1 pc's mail) since there are only 2-3 emails.

No, it is no true. If I send two of my sent emails as attachment to another PC, they will come in inbox as attachments. And there I cannot copy or move them to sent items on PC with Windows 8.1. With Windows XP there was no problem!

of course was different. On newer windows security is much stronger and wont allow many features to work correctly, so more for an unofficial version like this. When i said forwarding, i mean forwarding email message as you read it, not eml file.

Rafail B.
Administrator
02-03-2015, 04:19 AM
(02-03-2015 03:24 AM)Rafail Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 01:13 AM)Zico44 Wrote:  

of course was different. On newer windows security is much stronger and wont allow many features to work correctly, so more for an unofficial version like this. When i said forwarding, i mean forwarding email message as you read it, not eml file.
It is not a big difference. If I will forward email from sent items, it will come to inbox and it will stay there. I just think and I will try another solution. Many thanks anyway.
02-03-2015, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 07:35 AM by Rafail.)
you can move the message by dropping from one folder to another (inside oe). that works, or you can setup message rules to move emails from specified sender to another folder.

Rafail B.
Administrator