Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello - a question
05-03-2016, 01:36 AM
Hello - a question
First of all I want to say Hello Smile

I still use XP because of needed to use Outlook Express Sad

I finally need to move to Windows 7 8.1 or 10.
Which one do you advice me better in order to continue using Outlook Expresss???

I do not want to have any problemas like ones that I see that are in windows 10.

Please advice me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2016, 03:57 AM
RE: Hello - a question
Hello and welcome to our community!
Our version will run on all new windows versions (7,8,8.1 and 10)
I would suggest Windows 7 because is more stable operating system and more easy to use for users that are coming from XP.
i hope i helped :-)

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
05-03-2016, 04:19 AM
Thanks, but sure not better 8.1???

W7 was at first my last option because i do not wnat to have to change it again very soon
05-03-2016, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 04:47 AM by Rafail.)
In my opinion Windows 7 is a more "serious" operating system, more stable and windows 8 and 10 have not actually more important feautres. It's mostly about desing.
Windows 10 started as very good operating system, but all these never-ending updates and all these desing and interface changes (like the unusable start menu,different settings menus) without purport makes it really bored.
It's up to you to choose what do you like, i am not against windows 10 (and 8), but in my personal opinion, windows 10 needs some big changes to be more usable and user firendly.

Rafail B.
Administrator
05-03-2016, 06:11 AM
Because of that ant because of the spy theme of windows 10 I am not very interesting in using it.

But also as I said I prefer not to install W7 because then maybe be very soon it come to end like XP.

Sure W8.1 is not a good option?
05-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Windows 8.1 is a good choice, at least it's not 10!

Rafail B.
Administrator
05-03-2016, 10:20 PM
(05-03-2016 04:23 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Windows 8.1 is a good choice, at least it's not 10!

Just had to jump in here Windows 10 is best Windows since Windows XP, it takes a little of getting use to but can be made to look just like 7, I am running Outlook Express with no problems or reset, That being said, Windows 7 remains a serviceable operating system and Microsoft will support it with updates and security fixes until January 2020. thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit , Firefox 47.01, OE 6, IE11, 8GB Ram, 50mg DSL, 1THD, Emsisoft Anti-Malware 11, Windows Firewall, Winpatrol Plus, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on demand,
"Worry about nothing, Pray about anything and Thank God for everything"
05-04-2016, 12:54 AM
In that case, if some want to make windows 10 user friendly, there are many settings and many tweaks but makes it more acceptable.

Rafail B.
Administrator