Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Every time I check for new mail, it says there is a new message that doesn't exsist
07-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Every time I check for new mail, it says there is a new message that doesn't exsist
Hello, I recently purchased Outlook Express and I have to say I love it! You guys defiantly did an excellent job. However I have noticed something that I think might be a glitch, but I'm not sure. Basically everytime OE checks for new mail the notification in the bottom right of the screen pops up saying that I have new E-Mail. However when I go to check my boxes it's not in any of them. Double clicking the notification brings me to my default inbox, but sure enough nothing is there. The notification won't go away until another E-Mail comes up and I read that E-Mail. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Sincerely, Joel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Every time I check for new mail, it says there is a new message that doesn't exsist
Hello, outlook express has no pop-up screen for new email. The bottom right shows if there is new email or if not after send/receive.
send/receive runs every some minutes (by default every 5 mins).

Can you upload a snapshot of that so i can find out why that happens?

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
07-28-2016, 09:07 AM
RE: Every time I check for new mail, it says there is a new message that doesn't exsist
Here's what I'm seeing. Also I can't send E-Mail, are there any fixes for that? I get the message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: not including Server: "smtp.gmail.com", Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.png  UGotMail.png (Size: 4.42 KB / Downloads: 28)
07-29-2016, 03:35 AM
OK I solved the problem of not being able to send E-Mail, I was using the Outgoing port for TLS Gmail (587) when I should have been using the SSL port (465). Sorry for the inconvenience. However I'm still getting the problem of receiving E-Mails that aren't there.
07-29-2016, 08:52 PM
Hello, as i see you have many inbox folders. When you see that you have new message, are you opening the correct inbox?
I suggest rechecking your mail folders for corruption "File>Folder>Compact all folders"

Rafail B.
Administrator
07-30-2016, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2016 05:13 AM by PGJoel.)
OK, this is what I see when I get a new message. (I edited out my Inbox names)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-30-2016, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2016 05:59 AM by Rafail.)
and that message is not present on none of your inbox folders? you cannot receive messages at all?

Rafail B.
Administrator
07-30-2016, 06:14 AM
I can receive messages as normal, but this is what happens when there are no messages.
07-30-2016, 05:11 PM
is there any message on inbox that is unread?

Rafail B.
Administrator
07-31-2016, 06:16 AM
No, I don't believe so. However I do have a number of E-Mails on the IMAP server.

Attached File(s)
.gif  mess27.gif (Size: 115 bytes / Downloads: 8)