Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error Message when trying to receive mail
11-12-2016, 07:47 AM
Error Message when trying to receive mail
Hey,

I've gone through tech support with my Internet provider to make sure I have my email settings correct. I have POP incoming 995 with secure server selected
and for the other setting SMTP 465, again secure selected.

I can send and receive mail with a trial version of another program, but when take that program off and put in all the same settings with RunasXP, I get a message that the server is rejecting my password. Which is odd, because the other email program will accept it.

I'd prefer to use RunasXP, since I donated (paid) for it, but I can't get it to work.
Here's the error message.

I've checked and double checked the password--it's correct.
Also a popup will come up asking me for the password when the Wizard should have saved it. Either way--it won't let me get email.

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'inbound.att.net', Server: 'inbound.att.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Karen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Error Message when trying to receive mail
Hello,
have you checked the authentication checkbox?

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
11-26-2016, 02:36 AM
i'm having the exact same problem today. tech says all my settings are good and to question provider.

just stopped working today after being good for a long time. i've tried a reinstall and it seemed to take but didn't fix.

above are my settings also(verizon). win 7 pro sp1 .
11-26-2016, 02:50 AM
I am having exactly the same issues from yesterday.

All was good for the 2 days i was using Outlook Express, i didnt change anything and then i simply cannot access 2 of the 6 email accounts, which are all on the same server.

Nothing was changed, everything was checked, 4 hrs we worked on it last night, we changed passwords, even deleted and re-set the accounts but it will not accept the passwords, even though the exact same passwords work with Thunderbird.

Something very funny but we have now given up. I love Outlook Express but it looks like i am doomed to using Live or Thunderbird Sad
11-26-2016, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 05:46 AM by george38.)
(11-26-2016 02:50 AM)Dartsforsale Wrote:  I am having exactly the same issues from yesterday.

All was good for the 2 days i was using Outlook Express, i didnt change anything and then i simply cannot access 2 of the 6 email accounts, which are all on the same server.

Nothing was changed, everything was checked, 4 hrs we worked on it last night, we changed passwords, even deleted and re-set the accounts but it will not accept the passwords, even though the exact same passwords work with Thunderbird.

Something very funny but we have now given up. I love Outlook Express but it looks like i am doomed to using Live or Thunderbird Sad

when i put the password in the servers tab it will not remember it. on a retry it comes up blank. right now oe trys to work--a few will go to the inbox and then quit . i can limp along putting the password in the servers tab each time///
11-26-2016, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 07:46 AM by Dartsforsale.)
I manually type in the password when the little box comes up and i now it is 100% corect, but it still will not let me into that account. I have changed the password 4-5 times and deleted the email account 4-5 times, i dont know what else i can do? I have wasted so much time and now pretty pissed because i thought this would be awesome but now..... dissapointment yet again Sad
11-26-2016, 06:05 AM
when you install another email account using the wizard. the save pw is greyed out, but it is grey and checked. verizon;verizon(1);verizon(2); etc

maybe the wizard needs fixed????
11-30-2016, 01:15 AM
Something has definitely changed. As of 3 weeks ago - about the time that Microsoft issued the November monthly patches, trying to get (or send) email from/to AT&T fails about 50% of the time and I have to click on the Send-Receive button again. Even then, it sometimes takes two or three attempts before it finally goes normally. Email to/from outlook.com is much worse, and only works occasionally - even though I've totally checked (and re-entered) all the server addresses, ports, and password. And for what it's worth, Thunderbird on my wife's computer can access those accounts with no problems - using the same server addresses, ports, and options for the accounts.

All these had been working as expected with no changes to the account settings - ever since I installed OE6 several years ago.