Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dragging files onto Desktop
11-30-2015, 06:42 AM
Dragging files onto Desktop
Good Morning,
My Question Today is:
When clicking on Forward on a received Email, I am unable to drag a Image File, a .wav,or .mid onto my Desktop, as I could in WM.
Is there a Setting I am missing?
Any Advise would be very appreciated.
Jutta
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2015, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 01:26 PM by Rafail.)
RE: Dragging files onto Desktop
Because of windows 8 and 10 security , it wont allow you to drop files. It only works on windows 7 right now.

But there is an option for that, you can open tray icon settings and click "Create shortcut ti run Without administrative rights".
That will create a second shortcut on desktop that will enable you to run OE without Administrative rights and will allow you to drop files. The only problem is that it will not allow you to edit outlook express settings from that shortcut but you can use that only for sending emails. If you want to edit any settings there is always the normal shortcut to run OE that you can use.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
12-01-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: Dragging files onto Desktop
(11-30-2015 12:46 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Because of windows 8 and 10 security , it wont allow you to drop files. It only works on windows 7 right now.

But there is an option for that, you can open tray icon settings and click "Create shortcut ti run Without administrative rights".
That will create a second shortcut on desktop that will enable you to run OE without Administrative rights and will allow you to drop files. The only problem is that it will not allow you to edit outlook express settings from that shortcut but you can use that only for sending emails. If you want to edit any settings there is always the normal shortcut to run OE that you can use.

Good Afternoon Rafail,
I like to thank you for your in Detail Instructions, they worked well, and I am able to save Attached Files, etc. now.

Much appreciated..................Jutta