Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attachments to a message to be Sent
09-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Attachments to a message to be Sent
When I have attached a few attachments to an email to be sent, the attachments' file names are covered and I can not check that the correct ones have been attached. Is there a setting to change?
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Attachments to a message to be Sent
Hello,
after adding attachments using "Attach" button, you can use small Up-Down "Arrows" to view them, see image:

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Abbout attachements:

On XP, it was possible to drag files in the body of an email to be faster adding attachments.

Is it possibile to do the same? Will you implement this (in case is not already possibile)?

Thanks
09-07-2016, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2016 09:44 PM by Rafail.)
Drag-n-Drop feature will work if special shortcut is created to run oe without administrative priviliges, if you run oe from that shortcut drag-n-drop will work.
Because some settings needs administrative priviliges, some settings may not work from that shortcut and you may need to run from normal shortcut to access them.
This happens because on xp administrative priviliges dont need elevation. Running oe from that shortcut will send emails without problems although.

to create that shortcut, follow this guide and go to "Create OE shortcut to run without Administrative rights"
http://runasxp.com/Thread-Accessing-new-...-Tray-icon

Rafail B.
Administrator
09-13-2016, 09:43 PM
(09-05-2016 09:41 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,
after adding attachments using "Attach" button, you can use small Up-Down "Arrows" to view them, see image:

Hello Rafail,
I still get the attachments covered with a thick line when I have more that 1 line of attachments. I can then only see that I have some attachments but not the titles. The Up-Down arrows do not help.
09-14-2016, 03:16 AM
i would suggest reinstalling ( http://runasxp.com/downloadfiles/oe6_v2.1.1.exe )

Rafail B.
Administrator
09-19-2016, 08:40 PM
(09-07-2016 09:42 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Drag-n-Drop feature will work if special shortcut is created to run oe without administrative priviliges, if you run oe from that shortcut drag-n-drop will work.
Because some settings needs administrative priviliges, some settings may not work from that shortcut and you may need to run from normal shortcut to access them.
This happens because on xp administrative priviliges dont need elevation. Running oe from that shortcut will send emails without problems although.

to create that shortcut, follow this guide and go to "Create OE shortcut to run without Administrative rights"
http://runasxp.com/Thread-Accessing-new-...-Tray-icon

It works perfectly.
This is a feature I use almost in every email I send at job.
On the post you suggested to read it is suggested not to use this mode for normal use since other settings don't support it.
Is it possibile to know what are the other settings not working if I enable OE without administrative rights?
I could prefer drag and drop to feature to these. Or I do comprimise basic important features?

Thanks...
09-21-2016, 03:24 AM
Tray icon menu will not load, but settings on tray menu are for changing mail data store path and so on. In any case you can run oe from both shortcuts so if you want to access tray menu you can run from default shortcut.

Rafail B.
Administrator
09-26-2016, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2016 06:49 AM by louhaven.)
(09-14-2016 03:16 AM)Rafail Wrote:  i would suggest reinstalling ( http://runasxp.com/downloadfiles/oe6_v2.1.1.exe )

Hi Rafail,

Reinstalling didnt fix it, the above mentioned problem is exactly the problem that I am having. Also, if someone sends you multiple attachments > 2 a thick line also blocks the names.

Any help appreciated.

Additional:

Further to my above mentioned post, an interesting development.
The software's default encoding for messages might be a problem, because message encoded with "Unicode (UTF-8)" shows all the attachments!

This problem also presents itself with outgoing messages: in that whatever the default encoding is within the program, it also blocks out any attachments with a line across them.

I do trust this narrows down the problem.

-----
Regards,

Louis
Smile
09-27-2016, 11:55 AM
Thank you Louis for that interesting info. I will check it out

Rafail B.
Administrator